Microelectronic Inspector – MIL STD 883
PCM INNOVATION is looking for Microelectronic Inspectors – MIL STD 883
2 Openings in Saint-Laurent
Shift: Evening 15:30 – 01:45 (Monday to Thursday)
37.5 hours per week
Duration: 3 – 6 Months (with possibility of extension)
Our company integrates engineering and manufacturing of assembly and manufacturing tooling, molds for composite materials and prototype parts. Our customers work in aeronautics, space, ground transportation, energy, as well as in boats and recreational products.
PCM Innovation works on unique projects which brings great variety to the tasks. The company offers many development opportunities, a work/life balance and a full range of benefits.
The Microelectronic Inspector works in a Clean room environment, Class 10000. Responsible for in process, assembly, Pre-Seal inspection and Final inspection of Microelectronics, RF Converter Hybrids MHMIC.
He has knowledge of Mil Std. 883 assembly and visual inspection criteria, including wire bonding, component placement, FOD. On the job training provided for NCR system and validation/correlation of inspection criteria.
Your main tasks will be:
Perform kit inspection, pre-test inspection, and pre-seal inspection of high-reliability microelectronic devices and active/passive components in a clean-room environment.
- Read and interpret assembly instructions, drawings and work instruction processes.
- Use high power microscope to find component defects in particular die related defects.
- Use tools such as fine tipped tweezers, dental probes, high power microscopes, calipers and other microelectronics’ assembly inspection tools, multi-meters.
- Inspect and know the difference between an acceptable versus unacceptable epoxy placement, die attach assembly, sub attached assembly and wire bond and ribbon bonds on a microelectronic device in conformance with work instructions, drawings and/or Specification Requirements.
- Inspect – to the prints and procedures – the microelectronic device for defects.
- Work with Techno, assembly, engineering and QA staff as required on non-conforming materials and subassemblies. Initiate DR reports
- Probe resistors, capacitors using multi -meter for value/capacitance.
- Work with operators, leads, and operations management in a timely fashion when a non-conformance is spotted and assist with re-training and other corrective action.
- Adhere to all ESD and other handling requirements.
- Comply with all in-house training as identified in job specific family and or specific training plan.
- Participate in company continuous improvement (kaizen) objectives.
- Perform all other duties, as assigned.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of MIL-STD 883 workmanship requirements for microelectronics’ assembly.
- Preferred minimum 5 years working experience as a quality control inspector in a microelectronic assembly factory.
- Ability to work in a class 100,000 (class 8) and class 10,000 (class 7) clean rooms, using clean room antistatic gowns, facemasks, hair covers etc.
- Ability to work with a 30X and/or high-power microscope throughout the day.
- Ability to work in manufacturing area with normal factory noise levels.
- Ability to work on a team and be a good team member.
- Ability to access documents using a computer
- Sense of urgency, successful at meeting deadlines.
- Mechanical aptitude/dexterity and the ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Fluency in French & English Language – Reading, written & spoken.
G0R 2V0 Canada
Military Controlled Goods Canada